One of the most important parts of a successful campaign is an appealing subject line. It makes the difference between to open or not to open. A great subject line directly grasps your contacts attention.
Below you will find some practical tips for a better e-mail subject. The email subject is your entrance ticket to the attention of your contacts. If it's not appealing or even annoying you have no chance.
Almost 50% of the people open an email because the subject is relevant and appealing to them, so every good effort get rewarded with higher 'open email' scores.
- Use more than 3 words will increase the open email rates.
- But too many words, more than 20, will kill this effect.
- Words like Free, New, Video will increase your score.
- Use ':' to emphasise your subject. Example 'Today special offer: 50% discount'.
- Lists will do the trick. 'The seven best tips for emailmarketing'. 'Ten ways for a succesful sales campaign'. 'Everything you always wanted to know about online marketing'.
- Do not repeat your email subject direct as title in your body text.
- Avoid the word 'Newsletter', it will have a negative impact on your scoring rates.
- A subject line as statement for a news fact. Google and Amazon Define the Future of Marketing.